Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Charlie's favorite: Cream sauce, pasta, chicken and sausage

Happy wife, happy life... happy hubby, more diamonds...
Well, I can dream right?
 
This recipe is one of Charlie's favorites and most requested meals that I make. I call it Charlie's cream sauce because I have NEVER been a fan of Alfredo or cream sauces.
 When I make this for him I usually have a turkey sandwich.
 

Ingredients:
Pasta
Heavy cream
Parmesan/Romano cheese
Butter
Chicken
Chicken/Turkey Sausage
Red pepper
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
 

 
Directions:
Start boiling the water for the pasta and cook pasta after water boils according to package directions
In a skillet cook the chicken and chicken sausage through and brown. Season to taste.
Red pepper adds a nice kick and flavor.  Feel free to leave it out if you don't like spice. 
 
Lower the heat.  Don't burn your butter!
 
Add TBS of butter to the cooked chicken and chicken sausage

 
After butter melts completely add 1 cup of heavy cream to the skillet

 
After you pour the heavy cream into the skillet, let it simmer for 3 minutes.  After it simmers (simmers, not boils) add 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. 
If you haven't added garlic yet do it now. I use 1-1/2 tsp of minced garlic. 

 
Melt cheese and stir thoroughly

 
Tada! Cream sauce lovers enjoy!

 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I am sure my husband would love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Why is it that the more unhealthy something is, the more the men love it?

    ReplyDelete

Hello fellow blondies! Leave your comments!